G1 ID Machine
The scope of this is currently limited mostly to what was released in the US, though it is slowly being expanded.
- Pictures when clicked will show you a larger version of that picture. The name under the picture is a link that will take you to that pony's page. Many ponies have symbol close-ups on their pages to help you identify your pony, as well as more detailed descriptions.
- Keep in mind that G1 ponies are 20 years old at minimum, and tons of fun to play with. You may have to use your imagination in cases of cut hair, rubbed symbols, and broken mechanisms.
- Remember, if you know your pony's name you can just type it into the search bar on the top!
- 1 Adult
- 2 Baby
Including big brothers and sweetheart sisters.
Various Adult Pony Genera
Twinkle Eyed Ponies, ponies with gems for eyes
So Soft Ponies, ponies with soft, furry bodies
Big Bother/Daddy ponies, adult ponies with molded fur around their hooves
Sweetheart Sister Ponies, 'teenage ponies' with very slender bodies and smaller heads, often with a flower earring or hole in one ear
Flutter Ponies, ponies with fairy wings, or more often only a hard plastic buttons on their backs with ports that the wings used to fit in to
Winger Ponies, small ponies with butterfly wings (or a bit of hard plastic flush in her back that may have once held wings)
Ponies in the collector pose, the first and most iconic My Little Pony pose
Translucent Ponies, ponies with translucent bodies filled with either glitter or sprinkle/confetti-looking bits
Perfume Puff ponies, ponies with super puffy and perhaps unmanageable hair
Magic Message ponies, ponies whose symbol changes when you rub it; the symbol has a plastic-y decal quality unlike the paint used on the pony's eyes
Sippin' Soda ponies, ponies with small round holes in their mouths for soda straws
Sweet Talkin' ponies, ponies with speakers on their tummies; ones with good batteries will talk to you when you squeeze their rump
Secret Surprise ponies, largish ponies with hard plastic saddles that open up, or a rather sad, large, rectangular hole in their backs
Ballerina ponies, ponies with posable legs and molded ballet slippers
Ponies in the bride pose, an earth pose that is more elongated than normal poses
Does your pony's tail do something awesome?
- Can you pull it out then crank her head to pull it back in?
- Does she have a hard plastic ring around her tail? Does her tail spin when you squeeze the pony?
- Does she have a knob on her chest that winds up to make her tail spin?
Bouquet (Brush 'n Grow Pony)
Tap Dancer (Dance 'n Prance Pony)
Skylark (Princess Brush 'n Grow Pony)
Tossles (Happy Tails Pony)
My pony has a 3-D symbol! (Including Merry Go Round Ponies.)
Brilliant Blossoms (Merry Go Round Pony)
Princess Serena (Princess Pony)
Sweet Pocket (Precious Pocket Pony)
Peppermint Crunch (Sundae Best Pony)
Twice As Fancy
Is her symbol all along her flanks? Is her symbol an image or theme repeated more than once on each hip? She is a Twice As Fancy Pony!
More regular pony!
She is just a regular pony! Non-puffy hair, no weird holes, no glitter, no hard plastic attachments, 2-D single symbol only on her hips and not all over her flanks...
Sea Pony or Mermaid Pony
Is your Baby pony a boy, a teeny tiny baby, a newborn, or rather regular?
Baby Boy Ponies
Does your small-sized pony have a kind of big head, an open mouth and either feathers around its feet or molded horse shoes?
Teeny Tiny Baby Ponies
Is your baby pony just insanely tiny? With the smallest button nose, her head actually about half the size of the entire rest of her body, and just over 2" tall?
Newborn Baby Ponies
Is your baby pony between 2" and 4" and does she have a certain chub to her? And look about to scale with the ponies below?
More Regular Baby Ponies
Does your pony's body type not match any of the baby ponies above, but look like the ones below?