A Very Minty Christmas
|A Very Minty Christmas|
|My Little Pony: A Very Minty Christmas|
|<< Previous Movie||Next Movie >>|
|Friends Are Never Far Away||The Princess Promenade|
This animated episode is 44 minutes long and was released October 25th 2005 to VHS and DVD. It was a direct to home video release and it was available on hubworld.com along with The Runaway Rainbow and The Princess Promenade.
We start by joining the ponies whom are getting ready for Christmas. Pinkie Pie is the host of Christmas this year and is charged with making the Christmas speech. Rainbow Dash was the host last year and they start by thanking her for making it special and full of rainbows. Pinkie then explains every since the ponies can remember they’ve placed a special candy cane at the top of the tallest tree in Ponyville, it glitters and glows to help Santa find Ponyville. This year Cotton Candy has made a pink and minty one covered in hearts. They bring the candy cane over but Minty can’t see it at the back of the crowd. They get Star Catcher to place it on top of the tree and the ponies run off leaving Minty on her own with the tree. She doesn’t think the cane is straight enough on the tree and she’s unable to find any flying ponies to help. So she uses a hot air balloon to fly up to the cane but accidentally knocks it down and smashes it. Meanwhile the other ponies are turning on all the lights. Minty runs off to find Pinkie Pie for help and she tries to explain but Pinkie is too busy to really listen to her. Later going through her sock collection, Minty feels pretty bad but then she has the great idea to be Santa herself. She decides to give all her friends socks as presents. She sneaks into everyone’s house replacing brushes hanging over the fire places with socks. Pinkie Pie catches her and Minty finally explains. Pinkie gets slightly mad but realises Minty was just trying to help. Pinkie then has an idea to send Minty to the North Pole to find Santa. Minty runs off quickly to do so before Pinkie can stop her from going alone. So Pinkie gets Thistle Whistle to follow after Minty’s hot air Balloon but before Minty leaves the town fully her balloon ends up knocking the large tree over as well. The ponies fuss around the tree looking for the candy cane and Pinkie Pie explains to everyone what’s going on. Minty and Thistle Whistle make it to the North Pole but get into trouble before landing, meanwhile the rest fly off in balloons to find Minty. Everyone turns up just in time to help Minty and Thistle Whistle who were about to fall to their death. They all finally arrive at the North Pole but Santa’s already out giving gifts. Minty apologies and everyone understands. They are all grateful to be brought to the most magic place of all but when they get back the tree is magically restored. All of Minty’s socks are hanging on the big tree and they’re all full of goodies. They realise Santa had been after all and he had left a note saying he’s taking Minty’s sock idea from now on.
- VHS Release Date: October 25, 2005
- The 'Here Comes Christmas Candy Cane' is an important part of Ponyville: it’s the beacon that shows jolly old Santa Claus the way to the town as he makes his holiday rounds each year. But when Minty accidentally breaks it, uh-oh! It looks like Ponyville is destined to have a bleak holiday season. Minty is determined to do anything to save Christmas for her Pony friends while they, in turn, band together to try and cheer up their despondent four-legged friend. Together, they all discover that Christmas can come anyway, wrapped in the love of good friends and the oversized heart of one little clumsy, minty-green Pony!
- Run Time: 66 minutes
- Comes with Dancing in the Clouds.
- DVD Release Date: October 21, 2008
- 2nd Reissue Date: October 8, 2013
Crew and Credits
|Cast and Crew|
- This was the movie that revealed Minty's now infamous love of socks.
- A comic adaptation was published by Tokyopop in 2005.
- The four songs from the episode were released along side eleven others on a hard to find single disk audio CD.
- At the start during the song where Minty and her friends are looking into the window watching Santa’s sleigh, in one shot they miss drawing in one of the friends even though she’s still by there side.
- As Sweetberry tries the green stuff Triple Treat is feeding her, her mane has a piece change from purple to teal and back again as she moves.
- As Cotton Candy walks up to Sweetberry and Triple Treat explaining that Pinkie is the host this year, her mane at the end turns full white.
- After Minty puts the Snowman’s head back on his shoulders, her socks are full red when she sits down they go back to red and white. Then they’re full red again when she puts it around the Snowman’s neck.
- After Pinkie Pie reads her speech the line up of ponies change Sky Wishes disappears replaced with a blue pony, then next scene Bowtie is in the back row when she was next to Rainbow Dash.
- As the cane is brought to the tree they pass Rainbow Dash three times (The last time they pass her she isn’t wearing her award) and the ponies next to her change also when we’re looking down from above on it, there seems to be a double or two of the ponies in the crowd.
- As Thistle Whistle helps put the candy cane on the tree, the yellow of her mane switches sides.
- When Minty jumps out of the balloon after breaking the cane, her sock is more a whole purple then the red and white it should be.
- When Minty walks away from the mirror, the sock she has just put on her head is still on her hoof.
- As Minty is sitting reading the book in her socks song, her cutie mark is absent. She also randomly gets a pair of socks added to her in this song that are gone by the next sequence.
- As Pinkie Pie says “Minty Minty Minty” while turning around by the fire place after Minty has delivered a green spotty sock to her, the sock is now red.
- As Thistle Whistle flies around Minty, as Minty’s about to set out in the balloon to the North Pole, the yellow of the mane changes sides with her. Then when Pinkie Pie is running towards Thistle Whistle it’s back on the left again, then it becomes a yellow fridge as she flies to Pinkie Pie then back to being unable to pick a side to be on as she floats next to Pinkie Pie.
- When Minty knocks the tree down and Pinkie Pie is explaining her self, An orange pony and Bowtie who were behind her are then in front of her changing places mid explanation (this is most noticeable with Bowtie who is at the top of the tree then the broken stem, after a scene change it becomes Sparkleworks).
- As Thistle Whistle is pulling the balloon giving Minty the option of leaving right now, Thistle Whistle’s cutie marks disappears mid talk.
- As they fly towards the north pole in the balloons, a few balloons don’t land or aren’t present as they all land in the snow.
- Story Error: Minty planned to give Pinkie Pie the pink socks, she actually gives her a green sock with spots but at the end still insists the pink socks are for Pinkie.
- This was the movie that revealed Minty's now infamous love of socks.