G1 ID Machine
The scope of this is currently limited to what was released in the US mostly, though it is being slowly expanded.
- Pictures when clicked will show you a larger version of that picture. The name under the picture is a link that will take you to that ponys' page. There are (not entirely) symbol close ups on pony's pages to help you identify your pony as well as more detailed descriptions.
- Keep in mind that G1 ponies are 20 years old at a minimum, and tons of fun to play with. You may have to use your imagination in cases of cut hair, rubbed symbols, and broken mechanisms.
- Remember if you know your pony's name you can just type it into the search bar on the top!
Including big brothers and sweetheart sisters.
Various Adult Pony Genera
Twinkle Eyed Ponies, ponies with gems for eyes
So Soft Ponies, ponies with soft furry bodies
Big Bother/Daddy ponies, adult ponies with molded fur around their hooves
Sweetheart Sister Ponies, 'teenage ponies' with very slender bodies and smaller heads, often with a flower earring or hole in one ear
Flutter Ponies, ponies with fairy wings or more often only a hard plastic buttons on their backs with ports that two wings used to fit in to
Winger Ponies, small ponies with butterfly wings (or a bit of hard plastic flush in her back that may have once held wings..)
ponies in the collector pose, the first and iconic My Little Pony pose
Translucent Ponies, ponies with translucent bodies filled with either glitter or sprinkle/confetti looking bits
Perfume Puff ponies, ponies with super puffy and perhaps unmanagable hair
Magic Message ponies, ponies whose symbol change when you rub it; yhe symbol has a plasticy decal quality unlike the paint used on the pony's eyes
Sippin' Soda ponies, ponies with small round holes in their mouths for soda straws
Sweet Talkin' ponies, ponies with speakers on their tummies and ones with good batteries will talk to you when you squeeze them
Secret Surprise ponies, largish ponies with hard plastic saddles that open up, or rather a sad large rectangular hole in their backs
Ballerina ponies, ponies with posable legs and molded ballet slippers
ponies in the bride pose, an earth pose that is more elongated than normal poses
Does your pony's tail do something awesome?
- Can you pull it out then crank her head to pull it back in?
- Does she have a hard plastic ring around her tail? Does her tail spin when you squeeze the pony?
- Does she have a knob on her chest that winds up to make her tail spin?
My pony has a 3-D symbol! (Including Merry Go Round Ponies.)
Brilliant Blossoms (Merry Go Round Pony)
Princess Serena (Princess Pony)
Sweet Pocket (Precious Pocket Pony)
Peppermint Crunch (Sundae Best Pony)
Twice As Fancy
Is her symbol all along her flanks? Is her symbol an image or theme repeated more than once on each hip? She is a Twice As Fancy Pony!
More regular pony!
She is just a regular pony! Non-puffy hair, no weird holes, no glitter, no hard plastic attachments, 2-D single symbol only on her hips and not all over her flanks...
Sea Pony or Mermaid Pony
Is your Baby pony a boy, a teeny tiny baby, a newborn, or rather regular?
Baby Boy Ponies
Does your small sized pony have a kind of big head an open mouth and either feathers around it's feet or molded horse shoes?
Teeny Tiny Baby Ponies
Is your baby pony just insanely tiny? With the smallest button nose, her head actually about half the size of the entire rest of her body, and just over 2" tall?
Newborn Baby Ponies
Is your baby pony between 2" and 4" and have a certain chub to her..? And look about to scale with the below babes?
More Regular Baby Ponies
Does your ponies body type not match any of the above more differenter baby ponies above, but look like the ones below?