|Nirvana Ponies by Country|
In 1985 Hasbro licensed "My Little Pony" to the Japanese toy company Takara. The result was "Mai Ritoru Ponii - Osharena Poni" or "My Little Pony - Stylish Pony."
They were marketed as poseable dolls that you could dress up and style their hair.
- Two of the Charcters are, Pinky and Milky. Pinky is pink with pink hair. Milky is yellow with pink hair. They are both girls.
- Only two baby Ponies made, Lili (pink with pink hair) and Popo (yellow with pink hair).
- The Baby ones are called "kawaii ponii" or "cute pony"
- Takara is also the company that came up with Transformers, they licensed it to Hasbro.
- There more baby sized fakies based on Takara ponies than real Takara baby ponies.
- Japanese Takara My Little Pony Commercial
- ID Fake vs real Takara babies
- image collections 1 2 34
- Woosie's Takara Info (originally here http://members.aol.com/brandiwst/index.html), was a site I saw referenced to many times for Takara pony details. However I guess it was taken down about four years ago. But thanks to my favorite time travel device, The Way Back Machine, I have resurrected the info (minus the pix) and put it up here. Beware I didn't edit it really, so there are weird links and broken jpegs everywhere.
These keychains were released as G1 retro merchandise in G2 and only in Japan. They are very hard to find.