User talk:Wally Wolf
You are helping a ton, thanks! You are correct that I am interested in having the names printed on merchandise as the page name for characters. But their alternative and fan names should definitely be included on a characters page to be sure that everyone can find it. Also, I try to include redirects to make searching easier, ie there is one for Trixie that redirects to the page Trixie Lulamoon, so you don't have to worry about typing out that whole long name every time. http://mylittlewiki.org/w/index.php?title=Trixie&redirect=no
I think I will probably break the G4 Character page off into smaller sections eventually. As getting all the background characters listed will take up a lot of room. If you have any thoughts on that, or ideas for character charts, I'd love to hear them!
The only thing you did that I have un-done is replace the Emerald Rays picture with a stock photo (a picture from toys r us or target or somewhere). I try to keep all the photos carefully organized and not have any pictures that I can't tell who personally took and donated. Otherwise the pictures are stock photos, screen captures, or images from hasbro, etc.
To be really nit picky, I also like to add my own screen captures (obviously doesn't really matter, I just like to not have too much the exact same pictures as other websites). If you are interested, it is really easy. Go to youtube and pause an episode where you want it. Make the image as big as possible (ie full screen). If you have windows, press the fn key (bottom left) by the windows button while pressing the prt sc button on the top right. Open up ms paint and paste and crop the screen capture. Absol 11:24, 20 August 2012 (EDT)
I am also not super into FIM background characters. I moved them over to their own page G4 Background Characters, feel free to ignore them. Then if anyone wants to work on it they can. There are certainly plenty of characters with names and speaking parts that have yet to be added. Absol 20:37, 20 August 2012 (EDT)
That is a totally good idea! I couldn't really think of anything good for the G4 pose names, and it took me a while to find a layout that seemed to work (as the G4 ponies are distributed much differently than previous gens)
- G4 Original Earth Pose - G4 Pinkie Pie Pose (since she has the most and so applejack can be the prancer?)
- G4 Original Pegasus Pose - G4 Rainbow Dash Pose
- G4 Original Unicorn Pose - Twilight Sparkle Pose
- G4 Prancing Unicorn Pose - G4 Rarity Pose
- G4 Prancing Earth Pose - G4 Applejack Pose
? What about the two earth baby poses that are both Apple Bloom do you suppose? (Oh and what about the blind bags they aren't organized by pose yet, their poses should be shorter too maybe?) Absol 21:08, 6 October 2012 (EDT)
- Okay then, give me some time and I'll do it. Wally Wolf 21:28, 6 October 2012 (EDT)
- Damn, I'm not sure if this would be good anymore, because they change poses sometimes. Didn't notice that before... Now I'm not sure of what to do... Wally Wolf 22:07, 6 October 2012 (EDT)
Lol, well for the 'adults' I think that's ok. In G3 there is the Rainbow Dash Pose, and dash is in all kinds of other poses too. Just gotta be extra clever for the babies... hm...
As for SoSilver, he said I could add any pix of his I could find to the wiki, but to make sure there is a water mark. Some of the pix you mentioned are in his flickr, http://www.flickr.com/photos/57974255@N00/page4/ If you want you are welcome to add some of his pix (and add watermarks). He also has awesome g4 prototypes... I just havent been working on G4 much lately (after adding the recent round of toys). I tend to jump around the wiki, and switch gens every few weeks or so. Feel free to work on these things as much or as little as you want =) Absol 23:57, 6 October 2012 (EDT)
Hey, please don't upload pictures bigger than will fit on to a computer screen. Ie 1mb+ is too big. ...And please don't pester other users to work on the wiki. Absol 23:52, 8 October 2012 (EDT)
- Okay, I'm sorry. Wally Wolf 22:09, 9 October 2012 (EDT)
Thanks! I know there isn't much rules anywhere about editing MLW... which is mainly because not many ppl edit the wiki. As such I rly don't want to alienate (including yourself) any of the few contributors (though Breyer600 continues to be a super trooper!). And at one point someone uploaded several hundred 1mb+ pictures and took up all the wikis storage space... Absol 21:05, 10 October 2012 (EDT)
Thanks for keeping up with the background characters! G4 moves so fast I can't keep up, maybe over the summer I will have time... Absol 22:57, 14 February 2013 (EST)
- You're welcome. There are some things I need to tell you. First, Sweetie Blue seems to be the same pony as Mrs. Cup Cake, from the Cake family, but with a different name. Seems she's another of those ponies with an adaption name change for the toyline. And there are some ponies who aren't technically "blind bag exclusive" anymore: Lovestruck was added as a playable character in the mobile game, and some ponies like Sweetcream Scoops and Sugar Grape have appeared in the comic books as background characters. So, we should move them from the Blind-Bag-Exclusive List, right? Wally Wolf 11:58, 15 February 2013 (EST)
- That all sounds right to me. Even Lovestruck. I started grouping the 'exclusive' characters together because I found their super short individual pages depressing (and the wiki total page count deceiving), and seeing them all together is nicely informative in itself.
- Also, I think maybe there should be a "Cake Family" page like the "Apple Family" page, and Sweetie Blue and all the Cakes can redirect there, to their own paragraphs..? Absol 15:48, 15 February 2013 (EST)