The Weather Witch is a recurring character in the G1 comic books. She uses her powers to control the weather, assisted by her powerful magic wand, which is made of a bolt of silver lightning and the only golden moonstar flower in existence.
She is a good friend of the ponies, who sometimes request special types of weather from her (like a sunny day for a party or rain if their flowers are wilting). At one point they even crown her as the Harvest Queen.
The Weather Witch is typically shown with yellow or red hair, wearing a blue dress with white clouds on it. Less frequently she is in a pink dress with white clouds on it or a white dress and cape trimmed with rainbows. She lives in a cottage called the Weather House.
In addition to her frequent comic appearances, she is the main character of the book The Cross Weather Witch.
- She is the main character in the Mini-World book The Cross Weather Witch, with the ponies trying to discover why she is in such a bad mood.
- In My Little Pony #6, she appears as a side character. This is her first comic book appearance.
- In My Little Pony #82, she searches for the captured Autumn Princess. 
- The Cross Weather Witch. World International Publishing Limited. 1985.
- "Cotton Candy's Washing Day." My Little Pony #6, London Editions Ltd. 1985.
- "No Stars for Baby North Star." My Little Pony #72, London Editions Ltd. 1988.
- "The Autumn Princess (Part One)." My Little Pony #82, London Editions Ltd. 1988.